How to Care For Your Invisalign Aligners?
Posted by Evrigenis Orthodontics on Mar 16 2022, 03:08 PM
Aligners work by fitting snugly over your teeth. In order for them to do their job properly, it’s important that they stay clean. Listed below are tips that can help you keep your aligners clean and in shape.
Brushing & Flossing
If you have a removable aligner, then you’ll need to brush and floss your teeth every time you take out your aligners. This should be done after every meal, snack, and brushing session.
Remove the aligner from your mouth, and brush and floss your teeth before replacing your aligner. This will remove food particles and bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath.
Cleaning & Rinsing
Invisalign aligners need to be cleaned just like traditional braces. They need to be cleaned before and after meals, so there are special cleaning tools like Invisalign cleaning crystals and Invisalign toothbrushes. In addition, aligners should be rinsed after meals.
Eating and drinking with your Invisalign aligners is just like eating or drinking without them. However, there are a few common rules to follow while you are wearing your aligners.
1. You should remove your aligners before eating.
2. After eating, you should brush your teeth and rinse your aligners before putting them back in.
3. It’s also a good idea to immerse them in the cleansing solution when not in use.
Caring for Your Invisalign Aligners – Retainers
To know more about Invisalign treatment, call us at (916) 923-9168 and schedule an appointment with the dentist.
- Before your treatment is complete, you will receive a set of retainers to maintain your beautiful new smile.
- Wear your retainers according to the instructions you leave with the dentist.
- You may feel some discomfort when you first receive your retainers. However, this will not last long.
- For the first few days, do not wear your retainers while eating.
- Do not allow your retainers to come into contact with very hot or cold temperatures.
- Do not soak your retainers in hot water and do not use a dishwasher to clean your retainers.